Monday, January 5, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume XIV

Mogey and Smush were relaxing on the widow's walk around twilight, as they were wont to do after they finished a large meal of game hen stuffed with blackroot, which they just had. As they were lounging on their musty old beanbag chairs, the sound of singing drifted up from below.

Oh I steal from the goose and I give to the gander
My mother's name is alexander

Mogey
and Smuch looked down to see a young minstrel strolling through the forest.

Lay my hands on whatever I see
Unless that object ends in "V"

"Hey!" Smush yelled down to the minstrel. "Quiet, you! Our pet piglet is trying to sleep."

"Oh!" cried the young minstrel earnestly. "I am so sorry!" And he ran off into the wood.

Mogey
and Smush had actually eaten their pet piglet, Minnie, over a week earlier, but they couldn't stand the sound of young minstrels while they were digesting game hen stuffed with blackroot.

No comments:

Post a Comment