Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 428

The village of Porpaduke had grown restless of late due to the increasingly bold tactics of Signor Chinchilla, the evil dictator who ran the town with an iron fist. In fear of being overthrown, Signor Chinchilla called a town-wide meeting in Porpaduke Square and addressed the villagers.

"I've heard rumblings that maybe I shouldn't be the evil dictator of Porpaduke any longer," Signor Chinchilla announced from the podium. "That maybe I've grown soft. Well I'm here to put those rumors to rest. Today I shall take on any man, woman, or child who wishes to dethrone me in the ultimate battle of wits: a sumo wrestling match. Do I have any takers?"

The crowd noise rose as the townspeople muttered to one another, but no one seemed to be stepping forward.

"Mogey," Smush whispered. "You've got to volunteer! You're the only one who stands a chance against him."

"Are you crazy?" Mogey replied. "Signor Chinchilla must weigh thirty stones!"

"Have you seen yourself lately?" Smush retorted. "You're chubbier than a dumpling factory worker after a bad break up."

No comments:

Post a Comment