Monday, October 4, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 426

One morning, Smush was having his Weet-Bix when Mogey entered the kitchen looking severely bummed out.

"What's got your feathers so ruffled?" Smush asked around a mouthful of Bix.

"You wouldn't understand," Mogey said with a great sigh.

"On the contrary," Smush replied. "The village gossip, Missus Weisenheim, has taught me everything there is to know about the human mind. Have a seat and tell Uncle Smush what's bothering you."

"Well, you see, Smush," Mogey began, "I can't help but be frightened of card tricks. It ain't magicians that bother me, nor the illusions themselves, but somehow when I see one of those rigged decks of cards, I feel like the walls are closing in on me."

"Mmm," Smush said thoughtfully. "I've heard Missus Weisenheim discussing this malady. It's called Trick-a-deck-a-phobia."

"Trick-a-deck-a-phobia?" Mogey repeated. "Say, where are you going?"

"To go tell Missus Weisenheim about your fear," Smush, who was already halfway out the door, replied. "The entire town gossip circuit will want to hear this one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment