Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCXX

"Say, Mogey," Smush said one day as the two pals were shaving cedar shingles in the shade of a cork tree, "have you ever told a lie?"

"Never," Mogey replied with certainty.

"What about the time you told Sherriff Boonpangles that you were being disruptive in the town hall meeting due to circumstances beyond your control?" Smush asked.

"Look, just because I've never told a lie doesn't mean I haven't made false statements with a deliberate intent to deceive from time to time," Mogey said. "Besides, how could I have controlled the circumstances of Old Man Gingersnap's big bald head looking particularly shiney on a night when I just so happened to have my best peashooter in my pocket?"

No comments:

Post a Comment