Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCXXIII

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you for a long time," Smush said to Mogey one day as they were out berry picking.

"Yes? What's that, Smush?" Mogey queried, popping a ripe blomberry into his mouth.

"What is your favorite type of cutlery?" Smush asked.

"The spoon," Mogey replied without hesitation.

"Really?" Smush said. "I always figured you for a fork type."

"Rubbish!" Mogey rejoined. "Absolute trash in a basket! The fork is far inferior to the spoon. Let me ask you this: can you eat beef broth with a fork?"

"Not really," Smush answered.

"Ah, but can you eat beef broth with a spoon?" Mogey asked.

"Yes..." said Smush.

"I rest my case," Mogey concluded, taking a long draught of beef broth from his canteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment