Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCLXIX

One evening Smush walked into the parlor to find Mogey hard at work writing something by the light of a few sputtering candles.

"What're you doing, Mogers?" Smush asked.

"Writing my pen pal," Mogey replied.

"Your pen pal?" Smush demanded. "Where did you meet a pen pal? You've never been more than a hop, skip, and jump outside of Smorgasburg."

"What's that got to do with anything?" Mogey said, putting the finishing touches on his letter. "Look, I'll show you. Every week I write a letter..." he sealed his letter inside an envelope... "and bring it over..." he walked to the the seldom used wardrobe in the corner of the parlor... "to my pen pal."

With that, he threw open the door of the wardrobe to reveal a sort of scarecrow he'd fashioned out of pens. The pen-man had on a pair of spectacles and was holding a sheet of paper in front of his head.

"Mogey--" Smush chided.

"Shh," Mogey whispered sharply. "My pen pal is still reading my last letter."

No comments:

Post a Comment