Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCLVI

One evening Mogey saw that his great Aunt Mildred had passed on, leaving him (he thought) with a sizable chunk of money.

"Smush," he said at the dinner table, "my great Aunt Mildred has passed on. What shall I do with my newly acquired monies?"

"Well, for starters I'll take the 10 quid you owe me," Smush replied.

"I do not either owe you 10 quid!" Mogey retorted.

"Yes you do, you lost our bet as to whether or not pigs bounce, and never paid up!" Smush insisted.

"I only bet that a pig would bounce a bit, not that it would bounce all the way back to the second story window!" Mogey yelled back heatedly.

"Boys! Boys!" cried great Aunt Mildred, who was sitting right next to Smush. "The only thing I passed on was that plate of brussel sprouts. You shan't be getting of my monies for a long while yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment