Friday, January 29, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCLXXVI

One rainy day Mogey began acting very strangely. He couldn't seem to sit still and walked broodily about the house all morning.

"Whatever's the matter, Mogey?" Smush asked. "Got a bee in your bonnet?"

"No," Mogey replied. "There's no bee. I feel like I've forgotten a wondrous idea I once had and it's driving me batty!"

"That's what I meant," Smush said. "Bee in your bonnet is just an expression."

No sooner had the words left Smush's mouth than an enormously fat bumblebee crawled out from under Mogey's bonnet and proceeded to floodle (the flying equivalent of waddling) across the room and out the window.

"Nope, you were right, Smush," Mogey said. "There was no idea, it was just a bee in my bonnet."

No comments:

Post a Comment