Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 393

"Say, Smush, where are you going?" Mogey asked, looking up from a bowl of cold cereal as Smush tip-toed out the front door late one evening.

"Tonight, dear Mogey, I am not Smush," Smush said in a deep and mysterious voice. "I am a righter of wrongs, a protector of those who cannot protect themselves. By night I prowl the rooftops and back alleys of our village, battling against the villainy that lurks in the darkness. Finally this town will have the hero it deserves!"

"So you're just like The Red Falcon?" Mogey asked.

"Who?" Smush demanded.

"The Red Falcon," Mogey replied. "He's been doing that sort of thing for months. The guy is pretty much my hero. Haven't you noticed that I'm actually wearing a costume modeled after his?" he asked, gesturing to his mask made of crimson feathers.

"Oh," Smush said. "So you are...."

No comments:

Post a Comment