Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCXCI

"What're you slicing there, Mogey?" Smush asked, leaning over the ice box to see what his pal was doing.

"Coconut custard pie," Mogey replied, not taking his eyes off the delicate work. Should he dislodge even one crumb of the pie's buttery crust, it would fall to the floor, and then he would eat pie crust off the floor, which is pretty gross. "Shall I cut you a slice as well?" he asked.

"None for me, thanks," Smush answered with a shake of his head. "The tropical delight of a coconut custard pie is really more of a summer treat. I'm going to fix myself a sarsaparilla float instead."

"A sarsaparilla float in the dead of winter?" Mogey demanded, frowning. "I knew a guy who tried that one time..." he went on cryptically.

"And what happened?"

"He greatly enjoyed it," Mogey replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment