Monday, March 15, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCII

"That's it!" Mogey exclaimed one day as he and Smush were playing an intense game of whist and sharing a bowl of tater tots. "I'm through!"

"Through?" Smush asked. "Through with what?"

"I'm through with eating ice cream," Mogey replied. "My paunch has begun to draw attention from the ladies, and not in a good way. From this point forward, I shall eat not a single scoop more of rum raisin, butter brickle, or any of the delectable ice cream flavors that have given me such an ungainly figure. And now that that's settled," Mogey said, unflexing his arms as he came out of his famous speaking stance, "how would you like to join me on a journey to the frozen custard stand?"

"Wouldn't eating frozen custard kind of defeat the purpose of giving ice cream up?" Smush queried.

"Come now, my dear Smush," Mogey answered. "I gave up ice cream, not deliciousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment