Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CXX

One day Mogey and Smush were having a yard sale. All sorts of bits and bobs were laid out on the pasture out back and throughout the day a steady stream of neighbors came through to peruse the goods. Around midafternoon Smush noticed one customer appraising an item that was particularly close to his heart.

"Good morrow, sir," Smush said. "I see you're admiring that authentic Mongol war helmet."

"War helmet?" the man replied. "You mean this bucket?"

"How dare you say such a thing!" Smush exclaimed. "That, sir, is an authentic Mongol war helmet worn in the Battle of Hoogetyboots by my great great great grandfather, who was himself a Mongol!"

"I dunno..." the man said. "Still looks like a bucket to me."

"What is your name, sir?" Smush demanded. "I'll have you banned from this place! Banned I say!"

"Bunson Blurp," the man said. "And you've just made yourself a sale."

Bunsen Blurp forked over some monies and walked away, happily clutching his new authentic Mongol war helmet.

"Smush," Mogey said when Bunsen Blurp was gone, "why did you have to sell our best berrying pail?"

"With the gold he just paid me we can buy a dozen berrying pails," Smush replied. "Plus a full rack of honey glazed baby back ribs."

No comments:

Post a Comment