Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CXXXVII

"If you wouldn't mind, Mogey, would you move my chair just a smidge to the left?" Smush asked. "The sun's in my eyes."

"Yes, Sultan," Mogey chirruped, laying down the palm frond he'd been using to fan Smush and turning Smush's chair a tad.

"Thank you," Smush said. "Now Mogey, it's almost your turn to be Six-Minute-Sultan, but remember that I was very nice to you on my turn, so you can't have too many crazy requests."

"Sheesh," Mogey replied. "You don't think I know how to play Six-Minute-Sultan? I invented Six-Minute-Sultan! I know the rules: everyone gets a turn so when it's your turn you must be reasonable."

"Well good," Smush said. Just then, the six minutes set on the egg timer expired with a loud DING. Mogey immediately shoved Smush off the lounge chair.

"Get out of my chair, slave!" Mogey yelled. "Now get me a footstool! On second thought, you be the footstool! Get down on all fours! Now I am hungry, fetch me a smoked beef sandwich and a sarsaparilla! Yah! Yah! Yah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment