Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 577

"Okie-dokie," Mogey announced, lugging a heavy carpet bag down the stairs with a bump-bump-bump. "I'm all packed and ready to go! When do we leave?"

"Leave?" Smush asked. "For where?"

"The Isle of Paradise, where the ladies all know your name and the lily pads are made of pancakes."

"I'm not going to the Isle of Paradise," Smush replied. "Are you going to the Isle of Paradise?"

"I thought you said you knew a guy who had two free tickets to the Isle of Paradise aboard the steamship Zanzibarian Fool," Mogey said, trying not to sound too crestfallen.

"Nope, I never said that."

"Oh. It was just a classic Mogey and Smush miscommunication, I guess," said Mogey. And he sadly dragged his carpet bag upstairs to unpack a half gallon of sunblock, a plastic sandcastle mold, a pair of scratch-and-sniff books, and three pounds of knockwurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment