Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 575

"Smush! Smush!" Mogey exclaimed, charging into his pal's study in a state that can only be described as a kerfuffle. "I think I've got it: The next great invention for all mankind!"

"Go on," Smush replied, spinning his chair around in a slightly evil manner.

"I call it it 'the roly-poly,'" Mogey said. "It's a circular device that you could attach to a heavy object, allowing you to move the object with only a tiny fraction of the force it would take to drag it."

"That sounds like a wheel."

"A what now?"

"A wheel," Smush repeated. "We've got four of them on our wagon."

"Don't tell me someone beat me to the punch!" Mogey cried. "It was that Willard Otterbottom, wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about, Mogey? Wheels have existed for thousands of years."

"Curse you, Otterbottom," Mogey muttered. "Always looking at my notebooks. One of these days I'll see that you receive the harshest punishment the patent office has to offer. Yes, it shall be mandatory ostracism from your inventor peer group for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment