Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 572

One evening, Mogey and Smush were returning home from La Fiesta di Hombre Murcielago when they encountered a bear standing in the middle of the road.

"Who goes there?" said the bear. "Give me all the honey you've got."

"Whoa!" Mogey exclaimed. "A talking bear!"

"Yes, yes," the bear replied, "it's very unusual, I know. Just give me the honey, will you?"

"Can you do any accents?" Smush asked.

"For goodness sakes!" the bear cried. "If I do an accent will you please, please give me your honey?"

"Sure," Smush replied. The bear then delivered the soliloquy from Hamlet in a perfect Austrian accent, complete with menacing scowl.

"Now where's my honey?" he demanded.

"We haven't got any," Mogey answered. "But I do have some leftover Thai lettuce wraps around here somewhere if you'd like those."

1 comment:

  1. This may have been one of my favorites of all time. Fantastic Mogey and Smush reading. It contains all of the elements of a classic Short: suspense, intrigue, humor, fright, sarcasm, brevity, callousness, attitude, boldness, timidity, terror, plot twists, dynamism, fantasy, a dramatic denouement, significant falling action and a verbose hero
    all topped off with a great moral.

    This has a Lambda Literary Award written all over it!

    ReplyDelete