Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCLXVI

One cheery Autumn afternoon, Mogey and Smush found themselves surrounded by demon geese. The pals hadn't ventured anywhere near demon goose territory, but everyone knows how unpredictable demon geese can be, and with nary a moment's notice Mogey and Smush had been trapped by a particularly surly gang of the creatures.

"Mogey," Smush whispered out of the corner of his mouth. "Please tell me you brought those lizard scales with you. Lizard scales are our only defense against demon geese."

"Of course I brought them," Mogey replied. "You think I would leave the house without lizard scales in the height of demon goose season?"

Mogey reached into his rucksack and pulled out an old-fashioned laboratory balance.

"What is that?" Smush hissed.

"My lizard scales," Mogey said proudly. "I weighed some lizards with them just this morning."

"Oh boy," Smush said, heaving a great sigh. "I never thought I'd go out this way... nibbled to death by demon geese."

No comments:

Post a Comment