Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCXXXIX

One hot summer evening Mogey and Smush were eating spareribs. The long dining table was strewn with corn cobs and bones they'd gnawed clean of succulent meat, but Mogey and Smush were still eating away, because no one can ever have enough spareribs.

"Mogey!" Smush cried, collapsing into peals of meat-drunk laughter. "Take this napkin.You should see your face: it looks like you've bathed in barbecue sauce!"

"Naw Smush," Mogey replied, refusing the napkin. "I don't like to use a napkin when I'm eating ribs. I just wipe my face with the back of my hand." Mogey then proceeded to demonstrate this feat, only his hands were so doused that his face ended up saucier than ever.

"Ho ho!" Smush guffawed, laughing even harder. "You've gotten more sauce on your face than before, Mogey!"

"Yes, but does any of the ORIGINAL sauce remain? I think not," Mogey said, licking his fingers. "Mission accomplished."

No comments:

Post a Comment