Monday, November 2, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCXXIII

One day Smush came home from a long day's work in the cinnamon mine to find Mogey, who was working the night shift, waiting for him at the end of the drive.

"Good morrow, Mogey," Smush said. "What's the scuttlebutt?"

"I've gotten you a present, Smush," Mogey replied. "And I wanted it to be a surprise. I know you're always saying how exhausting it is to walk up the front garden steps after a long day's work in the cinnamon mine, and I've it made so's you'll never have to walk up those stairs again."

"What?" Smush exclaimed. "How? Did you make a lift? Have you hired a large man to carry us up the stairs? Did you make the path curve round the back?"

"Better than any of those!" Mogey answered. "But I don't want to spoil it. Now when you get to the place where the stairs used to be I want you to close your eyes and jump. Oh, and don't mind the giant trampoline box over by the compost heap."

No comments:

Post a Comment