Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCXXXVIII

"Smush," Mogey asked one spring day as the two pals strode down the lane to fetch a fresh bouquet of flowers for their landlady, "what is your favorite weapon?"

"Oh I'd have to say my double-edged tempered-steel authentic samurai sword," Smush replied. "What about yourself?"

"Ah Smush," Mogey said, "you have so much to learn. Don't you know that the Pen is mightier than the Sword?"

"Not only have I never seen a pen that could slice a mighty oak tree in half and yet have the precision to julienne onions the way my sword can, you're also completely illiterate," Smush retorted.

"But you misunderstand me Smush," Mogey rejoined. "The Pen I was referring to was not a writing utensil. It was my twenty-pound billy club, Penaglios the Mighty. And there is so greater weapon in all the land than Penaglios the Mighty."

No comments:

Post a Comment