Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CVII

One morning it was time for spring cleaning, so Mogey and Smush were on their way to the soap merchant's shop for some supplies.

"What would you say is your favorite kind of soap?" Smush asked his pal.

"That is a toughie," Mogey replied. "Especially considering I don't like the stuff."

"Don't like the stuff?" Smush said fearfully. "But you still use it, right?"

"Not really," Mogey answered. "I hardly see the need."

"Mogey that's disgusting!" Smush cried. "You can't keep going through life this way. Now tell me right now what your favorite kind is so we can get some this very day!"

"Alright, alright," Mogey said. "Sheesh. If you held a rubber band to my head, I guess my favorite is ham and split pea. Although a good fish chowder isn't so bad either." Smush gave Mogey one of his trademark menacing glares.

"SOAP!" Smush yelled. "I said what's your favorite kind of SOAP! We're on our way to the soap merchant, remember?"

"Oh mannnn," Mogey groaned. "The soap merchant? And here I was all excited for a nice hot bowl of beef barley soup."

No comments:

Post a Comment