Friday, September 17, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 415

"Please, Mogey, you really must let down the ladder!" Smush called from the forest floor.

"No!" Mogey replied, hidden by the walls of their tree house. "I will not stand to be insulted. No one who calls Mogey a rascal is welcome in this tree fort!"

"I beg you, Mogey!" Smush pleaded. "I'm surrounded by a pack of ghost bears! Their teeth are sharper than steel chisels and their claws are as strong as a child bodybuilder!"

"I'm still not letting you up!" Mogey answered. "How can you tell how strong their claws are, anyhow?"

"Alright! I have a basket of boysenberry turnovers with me!" Smush cried desperately. "They're all yours if you throw down the ladder."

Milliseconds later, the rope ladder unfurled to the forest floor, and Smush climbed it faster than a monkey on fire.

"Well?" Mogey demanded when Smush had clambered into the tree fort.

"Sorry, Mogey, there aren't any turnovers," Smush replied. "I had to say something!" he added, seeing Mogey's crestfallen face. "There were ghost bears down there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment