Monday, May 24, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCXLVIII

One day Mogey and Smush were cruising through the village marketplace, munching on figgy pudding, when they were approached by Snooter Billingsworth, a local noble and the snobbiest man in town.

"Hullo, commoners," said Snooter, staring down his ample nose at them. "I wonder if, assuming you aren't too daft, you could inform me as to the whereabouts of the constable's office. For your services I shall reward you with two silver penny pieces."

"Now listen here, Billingsworth," Smush began, wagging his finger at the noble. "We won't be talked to that way!"

"The constable's office is beyond the sausage stand and thirty paces to the right, Lord Billingsworth" Mogey quickly interjected, snatching the silver from the noble's hand.

"My thanks, peasant," said Snooter Billingsworth, gliding regally away.

"How can you demean yourself so?" Smush demanded of his pal. "Have you no pride?"

"I've got a little," Mogey replied. "Just not as much as Sweet Petey's Bakery has in their figgy puddings. Second helpings, here I come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment