Friday, May 7, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCXXXVII

One winter morning Smush noticed that the smell coming from Mogey's general vicinity, which had always been a bit pungent, was becoming more objectionable by the day. When he realized the usual method of stuffing tater tots up his nostrils was no longer working, Smush had hit his breaking point.

"I've had it, Mogey!" he shouted at his friend. "What in tarnation is that smell?" Mogey was so startled by the outburst that his mouth dropped open and fifteen blueberries fell out.

"I'm sorry, Smush," Mogey replied. "I must be smellier than I thought. But I can't take a bath til springtime... I just can't! I'm too afraid of that bathtub upstairs."

"Afraid of the bathtub?" Smush asked. "But why?"

"Because it has an enormous maelstrom in one end!" Mogey said.

"Is that all?" Smush responded, shaking his head. "Well sheesh, Mogey, just sit in the other end for goodness sakes! That maelstrom's only swallowed like half a dozen people, how dangerous could it be?"

No comments:

Post a Comment