Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCCXXXV

Mogey and Smush's next door neighbor, a plump little partridge named Chaz Spinks, was quite the peculiar fellow. He was the quintessential scientist, always experimenting with this or that, and though a few of his experiments turned out well, the overwhelming majority of them turned out very well.

One day, Chaz Spinks hopped on over to Mogey and Smush's abode, attempting to drag a toy wagon with his tiny beak.

"What've you got there, Spinks?" Smush asked from the front patio.

"It's my latest experiment," said Chaz Spinks, tilting his head and ruffling his chest feathers. He pointed his wing at a glass jar resting in the wagon that contained a clear liquid. Floating in the liquid was what appeared to be a large pat of butter. "You know how there's butterscotch and butter rum?" the neighborly partridge went on. "Well I thought to myself, 'Chaz,' I thought, 'why isn't there any butter gin?' And that, my friends, is exactly what I've created here."

Chaz Spinks offered the glass jar to Smush, who took a sip, savored for a moment, and proceeded to spray the entire mouthful on Mogey.

"Ugh!" Smush shouted, wiping his mouth. "Chaz Spinks, that's quite literally the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted. And Mogey made meatsicles for dinner last night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment