Monday, March 23, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume LXXII

One afternoon Mogey trod downstairs into the chill of the winecellar and found Smush occupied by something very odd indeed. Smush had half a dozen bottles of wine open and into each one he had crammed what seemed to be a small hunk of meat.

"What is this madness?" Mogey asked.

"Well, Mogey, I'll tell you," Smush said. "I was sitting in my hammock and I thought to myself, I thought, how could we make our extensive wine collection even better?"

"And what marvelous idea occurred to you?" Mogey wondered aloud.

"This one:" Smush replied. "What one food do we almost always eat when we drink wine?"

"That's an easy one," Mogey answered, "baby back ribs."

"Exactly. So I'm stoppering every one of our wine bottles with barbecue ribs. I think this'll give the wine a more robust meat bouquet."

"Tis genius!" Mogey shouted jubilantly.

"And you haven't even heard the invention's name," Smush said with pride. "I call it: the pork cork."

No comments:

Post a Comment