Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume LXVIII

Upon making an exceptionally bleary-eyed descent down the fireman's pole after naptime one brisk autumn day, Mogey and Smush happened upon a note stuck to the counter in their breakfast nook.

The note was exceptional for two reasons. The first was the method used to attach it to the countertop: the parchment appearred to have been shot into the surface with over a dozen bullets. The second reason the note was exceptional was its substance. It read:

Dear Mogey and Smush,

Your day of reckoning has come. I have finally returned to claim what is rightfully mine. I think you know what I'm talking about. Come on outside when you mangy dogs are ready to face the music.

Affectionately Yours,
Buck Arue

PS: If you didn't know what I was talking about, it's that pastrami and coleslaw sandwich on a kaiser roll you stole off my plate back in '71 when I wasn't looking, you yellow-bellied critters. Not a day goes by that my mouth doesn't water at the thought of that sandwich.

"My goodness!" Mogey said as they heard Buck pacing outside, shooting his pistols at their nice shrubs and shouting Yee-Haw! "What will we do?"

"I've got an idea," Smush said, pulling out a fresh package of kaiser rolls from the breadbox. "But we have to act quick. Run down to the pastrami cellar and grab that Big Bertha cut we've been saving for a special occasion. And pray with all your might that we've got some leftover coleslaw."

No comments:

Post a Comment