Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume XLVI

One day Mogey and Smush were sitting at the table enjoying a pair of bologna and watercress sandwiches for lunch.

"You know, Mogey," Smush said with his mouth so full that a small piece of bologna flopped onto his chin, "I've been thinking. Maybe it's about time we opened up our own belt making operation."

"And what makes you think we can make belts?" Mogey replied.

Smush tucked the rogue piece of bologna back into his mouth. "I know everything there is to know about belts," he said.

"Smush, in the entire time I've known you, I've seen you wear a belt a total of two times," Mogey said. "And both times you wore it on your head."

"I will not apologize for my kilts OR my sweatpants!" Smush shouted irately. "They are far more comfortable for a man with a portly disposition." And Smush leapt to his feet and began to stomp angrily around the island in the kitchen.

"Alright, Smush, I'm sorry," Mogey said. "Now come on, let's go down to the baker and have some fig tiddly oggys for dessert."

No comments:

Post a Comment