Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 527

"Son, what is your greatest ambition in life?" the King of the Rat People asked Mogey. Mogey wiped canoli filling off his chin, for he and Smush had just won their freedom from the Rat People by out-eating two prolific Rat Men at a buffet of stale Italian pastries.

"I want to be the lead baton twirler in the Harvest Day Parade," he replied breathlessly.

"I see," said the King of the Rat People, thoughtfully tapping his swan bone sceptre to his chin. "And why is that?"

"Because I love batons," Mogey answered. "I love them in soup. I love them on salads. I even love them crushed up in a glass of ice cold milk."

"Psst," the King of the Rat People whispered, turning to Smush, "is he confusing batons and croutons?"

"Yes," Smush replied, "yes, I do believe he is."

No comments:

Post a Comment