Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 526

Smush returned home one evening with a goose under one arm and a barrel of pickled hog noses under the other, only to find his pal Mogey sitting alone on the sofa with a lampshade over his head.

"Holy seedcakes, Mogey!" Smush shouted, starting as he came upon his friend in the darkened room. "You nearly scared the pants off me. Weren't you planning on doing some crazy partying tonight?"

"That's what I am doing," Mogey replied, without removing his peculiar head garment. "Whenever someone's been out a crazy party in the cartoons, they've always got a lampshade on their head."

"I see," said Smush. "But why is it so dark in here?"

"Um... because I took the lamp apart? Duh."

"So then you're just going to wait here until something crazy happens?" Smush asked.

"That's the plan," Mogey replied assuredly. "Wooooeeee! You and me, lampshade! Let the party begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment