Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 464

"Alright now, Mogey, open wide," said Dr. Jeremiah Twinkle, Dentist at Law.

Mogey opened his mouth and Dr. Twinkle took a close look inside.

"Hmm..." Dr. Twinkle said, stroking his beard thoughtfully.

"What's the matter, Doc?" asked Smush, who was sitting to the side of the operating room. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm not quite sure," the doctor replied, lowering his voice to a whisper as he addressed Smush. "He doesn't have any teeth."

"It's true," Mogey stated. "I've lost every last tooth in saltwater taffy-related incidents."

"But in your patient interview you told me you eat steak at least twice a week!" Dr. Twinkle replied.

"I do," Mogey said. "I just sort of gum it down."

"I see," said Dr. Twinkle. "So if you haven't any teeth, then why are you here, exactly?"

"I was hoping you could help me grow some!" Mogey answered. "That's what you do, isn't it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment