Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 375

Mogey and Smush, intrepid adventurers that they were, became the first people ever to summit Mount Gargle, the steepest and most deadly peak in the entire Buhgawster Mountain Range. They had just reached the top, cold, tired, and hungry, when they encountered a genie.

The genie was purple small - about the size of guinea pig - and he had the magical strength to grant but one wish, which he awarded to Mogey, who was fortunate enough to be in the lead.

"What is your wish?" the genie asked in his squeaky little voice.

"I wish for you to make my friend and I fabulously wealthy," Mogey replied.

"Piece of cake," the genie said. "But before I grant this wish, you must do something for me. Put on these galoshes full of raspberry jello and walk to yonder puddle and back." He pointed to a puddle twenty or thirty feet away.

"But why?" Smush demanded.

"I like the sound," the genie replied succinctly. "Now, go on."

"No, I don't believe I will," Mogey said, shaking his head.

"Just do it, Mogey," Smush urged. "Think: untold riches can be ours!"

"I can't!" Mogey hollered out at the desolate mountaintop. "It's embarrassing."

No comments:

Post a Comment