Friday, February 19, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CCLXXXVIII

One dreary day Mogey and Smush were in the town store buying nails, peanut butter, and pipe bubbles for their bubble pipes.

"What's you favorite type of hammer, Smush?" Mogey asked as they surveyed some of the merchandise.

"Oh I'm quite partial to a tack hammer," Smush replied.

"Yes, that's a great one," Mogey agreed. "But personally I'd rather feel the grip of an old-fashioned claw hammer in my hand."

"Ah," Smush said, "another classic. But lest we forget the greatest hammer of them all: Big Bertha, Great Granny Roosevelt's favorite sledgehammer."

"Of course!" Mogey rejoined, a nostalgic look on his chubby face. "How could I forget her most oft-used kitchen utensil? It seems like just yesterday Great Granny Roosevelt demolished our snow fort with one swing of ol' Big Bertha. Nearly took off your head with that swing too as I recall."

"I didn't grow hair on the top of my noggin for two full years after that," Smush said wistfully. "But I sure learned my lesson about taking the last pudding cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment