Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 522

"What should we do next, Mogey?" Smush asked as the two pals strode between a large pile of goat manure and the tilt-a-whirl at the county fair.

"I desperately want to win a prize for Cynthia Brickle!" Mogey said. "But I can't think of a single carnival game I'm good at. I haven't the strength for the hammer game, the accuracy for the water pistols, nor the mental fortitude for whack-a-mole."

"There, there, Mogey," Smush consoled his friend, patting him on the back. Mogey stared listlessly out at the rows of bright lights and flashing colors.

"Hang on a second!" Mogey exclaimed, suddenly cheery. "There's a game I can do! Kiss the bearded lady and win a prize - it's a carnival classic."

"Mogey, wait! You don't understand," Smush urged, but Mogey was already jogging up the steps of a kissing booth. Before anyone knew exactly what was happening, Mogey had seized the kissing booth attendant by the back of the neck and administered a smooch that could be heard halfway across the fairground.

"I did it!" Mogey shouted, prancing around the booth with his hands held up like a prizefighter. "I kissed the bearded lady! What did I win? What prize will I bring to my sweet Cynthia?"

Smush sighed and shook his head as the burly, albeit dashing, lumberjack who had been manning the kissing booth stared at Mogey in dismay and furiously wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment