Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 519

"I don't know why everyone says it's so hard to ride a bucking bronco," Mogey said, removing his cowboy hat and using his shirt sleeve to wipe sweat from his brow. "That was the second-easiest thing I ever did in my life."

"What was first?" Smush inquired.

"Deciding whether or not to have a third slice of sweet potato pie last night."

"Of course," Smush replied, nodding sagely. "Well, it was quite a ride."

"I just can't get over it," Mogey said. "All these big tough guys with their spurs, and their moustaches, and their arrays of fine soaps and lotions, are always complaining about the fearsome bucking broncos. How they put their lives in danger; how they need clowns to save them after they get bucked off. I just rode that bucking bronco better than any of 'em on my first try! What's the deal, wisest Smush?"

"I'm not sure," Smush answered. "Although it could be that the big tough guys you speak of ride actual bucking broncos, whereas you just hopped on a horse-shaped spring rider at the playground."

"Nah," Mogey said assuredly. "That can't be it."

No comments:

Post a Comment