Friday, November 12, 2010

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 453

"Goodbye!" Smush called to the butcher as he and Mogey exited the shop with three pounds of finest beef brisket for their afternoon snack.

"You know, Smush, I've been thinking," Mogey said. "It's high time we stopped using that tired old word 'goodbye,' and switched to something sleeker and more sophisticated."

"What about 'farewell?'" Smush asked. "Or 'cheerio?'"

"Nah," Mogey said dismissively, "I've got a new word of my own devising. Are you excited to hear it?"

"Meh," Smush replied.

"I knew you would be," Mogey continued. "The new Mogey special is... 'toodeloo!'"

"What?" Smush rejoined. "You didn't make that up - it's already a word! In fact, Great Uncle Magooly sent us on our way with a toodeloo when we visited him last Tuesday!"

"Smush," Mogey responded slowly, "I've learned some bizarre facts of science and philosophy in my day, but you literally just blew my mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment