Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume CXLIII

One summer afternoon Mogey and Smush were trotting out onto the baseball diamond - to the delight of thousands - when Mogey noticed that Smush's jersey had a black band around the collar.

"Oy, Smush," he said. "What's the story on that black stripe on your jersey? I never saw that before."

"It's in memory of Silas Cornkernal, the Flying Enchilada," Smush replied. "One of the greatest ballplayers Burpingham County has ever seen. He died last night in a freak bonfire-jumping accident, so I'm dedicating my game today to him. What's the story on that red splotch on your jersey?"

"That?" Mogey said, looking down at his chest. "That's in memory of the veal parm sub I had for lunch. I ate it so fast that I'm dedicating my game today to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment