Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2024 Edition - Episode 10

 "Nope, nothing quite classes up a gentleman's garb like a necktie," Mogey announced as he strutted into the drawing room, thumbs tucked beneath his suspenders.


"Ordinarily I'd agree," Smush replied, "but that is the most loathsome tie I've seen since Skunkles McGinty gave away free 'scratch 'n sniff' bow ties for his fish cannery booth at the career fair."

"My friend," Mogey said, clapping Smush on the shoulder and holding the tie up to the light, "this is a Charlotte Aubert."

"I wouldn't care if it was a Chocolate Eclair - you couldn't pay me to wear that tie."

"But... but... "

"I would rather wear a live eel tied about my neck. Speaking of which, I've been craving jellied eels. Fancy a trip to the pie house?"

"But I got a second tie just for you," Mogey murmured sadly, proffering a finely wrapped box. "A genuine Charlotte Aubert..."

"Oh thank heavens!" Smush exclaimed. "If I had to see you wearing that tie a few moments longer I would've simply expired from jealousy. Best of all, it'll go perfectly with my jellied eel jacket!"


No comments:

Post a Comment