Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2024 Edition - Episode 12

 "I'd like to announce my new year's resolution," Mogey proclaimed.


"It's practically April!" Smush sputtered, cheesing raspberry gelatin all over his whiskers. 

Mogey pondered for a long moment. Then another. After a third moment had passed, he held a finger in the air and opened his mouth, then reconsidered and crossed his arms with a pensive frown. Finally, he spoke. "The delay is a perfect fit for my resolution, as a matter of fact. This year, I've decided to take things slow." 

"What?" Smush exclaimed, cheesing lime gelatin into the raspberry gelatin in his whiskers. "Surely you mean 'slower?'"

"Lampoon me all you want," Mogey said confidently, "but I've discovered an ideology that truly speaks to me. Meet my new guru, Stag Nantwater." 

Through the doorway plodded a bespectacled turtle, his shell adorned with an If you think this is slow, wait until I go uphill bumper sticker.

"Greetings," Smush said to the terrapin.

"What's the hurry, young fellow?" Stag Nantwater replied. 

"No hurry, my good reptile. Just being cordial. According to Mogey, you've got quite the life philosophy?"

"That's right," Mogey agreed. "Tell him, Stag!"

The turtle carefully considered this request. "What's the hurry, young fellow?" he said at last. 

Mogey and Smush exchanged glances. "Erm," Mogey mumbled. 

Stag Nantwater held up a knobbly flipper and extended a single claw toward Smush. "What's the hurry, young fellow?" he asked. 

"I'm going to get some orange gelatin," Smush replied. "Because the first time you say something other than 'what's the hurry, young fellow,' I'll be so surprised that I'll need a whole new flavor to cheese onto my whiskers."

"Excuse me!" Mogey declared. "Smush!"

"Yes?" Smush asked.

"Grab me one?"

No comments:

Post a Comment