Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2023 Edition - Episode 31

 "Which do you prefer," Mogey inquired, "gloves or mittens?"


"That all depends," said Smush. "Are we talking about warmin', magickin', or challengin'?"

"Care to elaborate?"

"Well," Smush elaborated, "if I'm just trying to warm my hands up during a cold day of perusing the new all-seasons at Town Fair Tire, it's mittens every time."

"That goes without saying," Mogey acknowledged. "You need to make sure you don't get chilly while examining all the name brands at discount prices."

"On the other hand, if I'm impressing a young governess with some sleight of hand card tricks down at the skating rink, only gloves will do." 

"You've got to have your fingers wiggleable at 1600 Skatesylvania Avenue," Mogey agreed.

"And if I must challenge some haughty noble to a duel with a slap across the face," Smush concluded, "it's a toss-up. A mitten or a glove could be equally devastating in the hands of a duelist such as myself." 

"All quite reasonable, but I think you've misunderstood my question a bit," said Mogey. "I was asking who you're rooting for in this evening's boxing match: Darthula 'Gloves' Glover or Gobstable P. Mittens?"

"Ah, that's easy," Smush replied. "Gloves all the way. I think he knocks Mittens out in the fourth round."

"How dare you?" shouted Gobstable P. Mittens, who happened to be sitting in the same nail salon, just two pedicure chairs away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment