Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2023 Edition - Episode 6

 "There she is, Mogey," Smush said, pointing to a young lady sitting in the far corner of the cafe. "Nelly Simmons-Timmons." 

"Is she the one reading Weakly Weekly or the one wearing the 10-gallon hat?" 

"She's the one with the pop-tart in her lapel. See?"

"Ah," said Mogey, somewhat nervously. "I'm not sure about this, Smush. I've never been on a blind date before."

"Nonsense," Smush replied. "What did I tell you? Nelly Simmons-Timmons is one of the bubbliest young ladies around. You two will get along like a racoon and a garbage bag full of shredded wheat."

"'Bubbliest?' Does that mean she washes her hands a lot?"

"No, it's an expression. It means she--"

"Oh... oh! Does it mean she has carbuncles?" Mogey inquired.

"Of course not," said Smush. "She--"

"I know - it must mean she drinks a lot of soda. Is that it? Maybe you're right that we'll hit it off. After all, I do love soda."

"No, Mogey, see here: it's--" 

Smush was cut off mid-sentence by Nelly Simmons-Timmons herself, who took a long pull of her Big Gulp and let out a cafe-silencing belch.

"Pardon me," Mogey said, dreamily pushing past his pal, "I do believe I'm in love."

No comments:

Post a Comment