Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2023 Edition - Episode 5

 "Let's see," said Mogey as he portioned out the week's rations, "six burritos apiece for lunch, four for dinner, then there's my ten o'clock burrito break, and I'll need a couple for midnight snacks, so if I add these numbers, carry the one and... drat!"


"Trouble with your burrito math?" queried Smush. 

"Indeed," Mogey replied. "I can't do all these figures in my head - I need my octopus."

"I think you mean your abacus?"

"I think not."

"But Mogey," said Smush, "even if you did use an octopus for counting, we clearly have many, many more than eight burritos to count."

"You'll see," Mogey replied. He dashed up the first few steps of the staircase, immediately lost his breath, and staggered slowly up the rest of the flight. 

Mogey returned moments later, holding in his arms none other than Blubberculus, the 90-legged octopus and known felon. Evidently, Blubberculus wasn't hiding out in Cyprus as the media had speculated, but instead had been living in the secret saltwater tank Mogey kept behind his DVD collection.

"Mogey," Smush whispered, "you're aiding and abetting a fugitive!"

"HOLD IT!" Mogey shouted. "I may be aiding, but I'll skip one of my two midnight burritos before I sit here and allow you to say I'm abetting! Besides, you know my personal motto."

"Not this again..."

"Burritos..." Mogey coaxed. 

"I know, I know. 'Burritos first, then civic duty,'" Smush recited. "Fine, but let's get these 'ritos counted quickly and call the cops. Blubberculus is due for another felony, and the way he's looking at me, I have a feeling I'm going to be involved."


No comments:

Post a Comment