Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 611

One evening, Mogey's nurse was performing his nightly ear inspection (gnats had a tendency to nest in Mogey's ears) while Smush sat nearby keeping the two of them company.

"Don't forget, Smush," the nurse said, raising her eyes from Mogey's ears sternly, "you've got to take your pill tonight."

"Right-o," Smush replied. "Thanks for reminding me." He unwrapped a small cod-and-butter sandwich from a paper bag on the table and began to eat it.

"You call your nightly sandwich a 'pill?'" Mogey asked skeptically.

"Maybe I do and maybe I don't," Smush retorted. "But at least I don't still have a nurse at the ripe old age of 42."

"Whatever! I'd only be, like, seven in dog years."

"Not at all how dog years work, Mogey. Not even a little."

No comments:

Post a Comment