Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 607

Smush happened upon Mogey on the third floor of Buxelton Manor, the country house where they were visiting their uncle, Baron Bertram Buxelton I, for the summer. Mogey appeared to be attempting to fiddle the doorknob open with his foot.

"What the world is going on here?" Smush asked, putting down his tray of ring dings and zebra cakes.

"It's these darn doorknobs," said Mogey. "I can't figure out how to get them open."

"Why, they work exactly the same as the doorknobs at our house."

"But that's just the thing," Mogey muttered, his eyes darting furtively about, "I don't know how to use those doorknobs either. I just kick in the door to my bedroom every night."

"You never learned how to open a doorknob?" Smush exclaimed, bursting into merry laughter.

"Is it funny?" Mogey demanded. He grabbed Smush by his admittedly stylish lapels and shoved him against the wall. "Is it funny to be a doorknob fool? Stop laughing and help me for goodness sakes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment