Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 501

"Geeaaarrrghhoooo!" Mogey yawned hugely, stretching his arms high and then reaching them down as far as he could (almost to upper thigh-level). "It feels good to get out of that attic."

"Too true, Mogey, too true," Smush said as the two pals strode through their house for the first time in months. "I could not have stood one more day in the presence of that Man-Rat."

"What Man-Rat?" Mogey asked, absentmindedly nibbling at a crumb he'd just discovered clinging to his shirt.

"Um, the Man-Rat who just imprisoned us in our own attic for nigh-on one hundred days?" Smush suggested incredulously.

"One hundred days?" Mogey exclaimed. "For goodness sakes, I thought I'd just had a longish nap - a week, two at most."

"How is it possible you don't recall this?" Smush demanded. "A Man-Rat broke into the house whilst we were cleaning the attic - well, I was cleaning and you were snoozing - and held us captive. We've had nary an adventure since!"

"Humpf," Mogey grunted. "I must've slept through it all."

"But you ate your gruel every day!" Smush said. "And usually some of mine as well."

"You know I'm a notorious nap-eater."

"Do you mean to tell me that you also slept through the epic two-hour arm-wrestling match I had with the Man-Rat to win us our freedom not ten minutes ago?" Smush asked disappointedly.

"I guess I did. I just may be the most impressive sleeper in this whole county," Mogey said happily. "Well anyhow, we're back now, aren't we?"

"Yes, I suppose we are," Smush sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment