Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2024 Edition - Episode 3

 "Thanks ever so much for allowing me to accompany you for a day of field work, my dear Smush," said Mogey. "Or should I call you Dr. Smush?"

"You should not," replied Smush without looking up from his magnifying glass, "I have a 90-day certificate in entomology from the University of Phoenix Online. I'm just barely a doctor." 

"Right-o," Mogey agreed. "Well it's a lovely day for vermeology, anyway."

"Mmm," said Smush, still hunched over the sandy ground. 

What dapper young gentlemen! squeaked a tiny voice. 

Smush popped up from his crouch like a prairie dog who'd sat on a hot buttered biscuit and he scurried toward the sound.

"What have you got, Smush?" Mogey queried breathlessly. "What have you found?"

Come this way - I can't wait to meet you.

"I think it might be... it is!" Smush exclaimed, skidding to a halt. "Look, Mogey: A rare Simkin's Honesty Worm."

Mogey gazed through the magnifying glass at what looked like an ordinary earthworm.

May I have the name of your barber? That is some head of hair you've got.

"Wait a minute... wait just a minute," Smush announced. "This is even more exciting. Those ridges on his abdomen are horizontal - that means he's a much rarer specimen: The Simkin's Liar-Chomper."

"Honesty Worm seems more likely," Mogey said. "We are dapper. Although what a worm wants with a barber is beyond--"

CHOMP!

"OWOOOOOOOOO!" Mogey howled, dancing around clutching his throbbing toe. "That worm chomped me!"

"Yep," murmured Smush dreamily, "that Simkin was unrivaled when it came to discovering talking worms."


No comments:

Post a Comment