Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: 2023 Edition - Episode 17

 "How many--" Smush began before his pal interrupted him. 

"Eight hundred and twelve!" Mogey exclaimed.

"No, let me finish. How many--"

"One million!"

"Mogey...."

"And one!"

"Confound it, Mogey! How many--"

"Seven?"

Here Smush paused. First he pinched the bridge of his nose. Then he looked skyward for a long time. Finally he sneezed prodigiously.

"Bless you!" Mogey said. "Are you alright?" 

"Achoo!" Smush sneezed again. "I'b fide, but I shouldn't have touched by doze! I must've had some pepper on by hand." 

"Well, you did just power through an entire bucket of salt'n'pepper'n'lemon'n'garlic tater munch'ums," Mogey suggested. "Say, what were you going to ask me before? How many..."

"I was going to ask how many times you would interrupt me before I would need to sneeze."

"Wow," said Mogey. "Meta. And? How many was it?"

"Ah, yes," Smush replied, turning to his adding machine. "Well, the number of interruptions was--"

"Eleven!" Mogey shouted.



No comments:

Post a Comment