Wednesday, November 10, 2021

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush: Quarantine Episode 13

 Ever the crafty consumers, Mogey and Smush made sure to haggle about any sales transaction for at least one change of the tides. On the particular day in which we encounter our pals, Smush found himself in need of a new toothbrush.


"And you say this model features sleek handling and an ergonomic design?" Smush asked.

"Yes," replied the distracted pharmacist, "but I've really got to go help some other customers."

"I like that it's got authentic hog's neck bristles," said Smush, ignoring him, "but I'm just not sure about the price."

"Ask about the limited warranty," Mogey urged.

"What if I include a free bag of taffy?" the desperate pharmacist offered.

"Taffy?" Smush asked, suddenly far more interested.

"Taffy?" Mogey interjected. "Smush, don't you see? He's selling you the disease and the cure all at once! What's next, sir? A free jar of blackberry seeds? Some complimentary popcorn kernels?"

"Ahhhh," said Smush, giving the pharmacist the appraising look of a frog warrior eyeing a new claimant to the lilypad throne, "I see your game, pharmacist, and I must say I respect it. Tell you what: you throw in one of those caramel apples and a king-size box of Steak-umms and you've got yourself a deal." 


No comments:

Post a Comment