Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 586

"Smush, I have a question," Mogey said as the two pals brought the eleventh - and final - slop bucket of the day out to their famously obese hogs.

"Oh Nelly," Smush replied with a sigh.

"I've always wondered: Why do we have that windmill on top of the barn? It looks nice and all, but does it serve any real purpose?"

"Silly Mogey," Smush said, "where do you think all our flour comes from?"

"I always thought it came from wheat," Mogey answered.

"It's made from wheat, but the windmill grinds the wheat up into flour with those two enormous stoney looking things in the barn."

"Well, that answers my next question as well."

"You were going to ask what the stones were for?" Smush queried.

"No, I was going to ask whether you always had to sound like a know-it-all, or just some of the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment