Friday, October 28, 2011

The Abbreviated Adventures of Mogey & Smush Volume 546

One evening, Mogey was readying himself for a somewhat warm date while Smush worked on his 1:5 scale model of a chicken. After trying on several dozen articles of clothing, including sock garters and an eye patch, Mogey finally settled on an outfit.

"How do I look?" he asked Smush. "D'you think she'll like me?"

"Of course," his pal replied. "You look like a thousand dollars."

"I wore vertical stripes because they're supposed to be slimming. Hopefully she won't be able to tell that I'm a bit of a chunker just by looking at my sweater."

"Good thinking," Smush said. "The barbecue sauce on your chin is broadcasting that quite nicely."

1 comment:

  1. When you said 'Mogey was readying himself for a somewhat warm date' I thought he was going to be eating a date which he had somehow gotten warm-ish. He may have used a microwave, a campfire, a dutch oven, his butt cheeks, an iron, a rhinoceros, or two cell phones calling each other repeatedly. By no means would he have been using a steamer. By no means at all.

    ReplyDelete